9.30.2009

Human Nature

Autumn has set in... the leaves have left the trees for concrete pastures and I dream of you...I wonder if the greens have done the same in Central Park, if its walking trails and playgrounds are over-run by city dwellers in Saks trench coats, Burberry rainboots and the like...

Your lights, your sirens, your dark, rodent-ridden alley ways, I dream of all of you... I am in love, a city; New York City....I am in love with the faux bags of Chinatown, the Africana street vendors of Manhattan...naked cowboys, the people's court, festive watering holes and two story walk-up McDonalds restaurants...

the undeniable style that walks your streets...

the modes from which they came...

the pidgeons at Union Square, breakfast at Cocina at Rockafeller Center, the cultural ambiguity of the Village, and the runways of Bryant Park...I crave this city like a moth to an open flame.

New York City, upon our first meeting you left such an impression on this meek soul of mine and we will meet again, this much I know for sure, this much I know...if they ask "Why?" Tell them...its human nature...

1 comment: